Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Minutes from Monday, March 29th.
fifedarkblues.co.uk Forum    General Boards    News from the Committee  ›  Minutes from Monday, March 29th.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Minutes from Monday, March 29th.  This thread currently has 2,162 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Ross Barrie
March 30, 2010, 11:53am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
12 members were in attendance, with appologies from Dawn, Lauren & Chris Stewart, Peter Campbell & Neil Farmer.

Team Sponsorship for next Year
Craig McEwen from the Glenrothes strollers, a local football team born in 1996 (U-14) attended the meeting looking for sponsorship. Although they are under Strollers name, they have to provide all their own equipment, strips & facilities. After a vote, with the result being 11 in favour, 1 against, it was agreed that we would spsonsor the team. A figure of £500 is to be donated to the team, at a future date. Greg Hall is going to contact John Holt at Dundee to see if there is any chance of DFC hooking up with the Strollers as a feeder club. There is also the possibility to encorporate functions with the our supporters club and the young team.

Passing of Members
2 Fife Dark Blue members have passed away since our last meeting.
Ronald Robb passed away after a short illness 3 weeks ago.
David Stewart, Rosyth, after a long illness, passed away on Monday 22nd of March. His funeral is at Dunfermline Crematiorium tomorrow, March 30th at 10am. All members are welcome to attend.
Our thoughts are with both the family’s, at this sad time.

New positions of office (next season)

We have 3 additional positions of office for next season, on top of the existing 3. Volunteers have put there names forward for these positions. After the statement that was issued earlier in the season, by myself, I have decided to stay on in the roll of Secretary, mainly due to the guys who are willing to help out in the new positions. This will take a lot of the work of my shoulders, to which I am grateful.

Chairman - Colin  Reid
Secretary - Ross Barrie
Treasurer - Gordon Barrie                                
Travel conveynor : Peter Campbell

Predictor League: Davie Mitchell
Web admin: Brian Scott & Myself will put articles on front page.
MoM polls: Myself & Colin Reid

Events organiser group: Colin Reid, Myself, Andy Lynn

If any other members would like to participate in any roll, please contact me at any time.

DSA POY Dinner & Raffle tickets

We have a bus going to the POY dinner. People going will be advised of pick up points & times accordingly. The cost will be £12 per head.
We recieved £550 in raffle tickets, of which we shall get 20% of the takings for our funds. Full figure raised will be announced at the AGM.

FDB Hospitality

Free bus is booked, as per membership, and will be advised of pick up point & times soon.

Buses booked

We have the posibility of 3 further buses this season.
Partick Thistle  April 10th  Adults £10 Kids £5  free admition to under 16’s
Morton  April 17th  £12 and £6
Inverness, Saturday May 1st, Bus will cost £18 & £9.

Buses will only be put on if numbers warrant it. For each bus we will need a minimum of 16 full paying adults. If anybody wishes to travel to any of the above games, by bus, please contact me by no later than Saturday, April 3rd. If we do not meet the numbers required by this date, then the buses that do not meet the required numbers will be cancelled.

For the Inverness match, the possibility of train travel has been explored.  The train leaves KDY @ 10.10 and arrives at Inverness @13.27. Returning home leaving Inverness 18.43 & Arriving KDY @ 21.41.
Cost £20.60 adult or £10.30 for Kids. Railcard consesions do apply.

Bus will cost £18 & £9

Colin Reid Program service
Has managed to raise over £100 for the club from this venture.

Website
Had a couple of emails regarding the removal of Jocky as background to website. Nothing was decided, and this issue will be raised at the AGM

DSA 5-a-sides
The annual DSA 5-a-side tournament will be held at Dens Park, on Saturday May 8th.
£50 entry per team of 7. We will be looking for 7 volunteers to participate in this years team.

Comedy night
We have sold approx. 130 out of 250 tickets.
Only 11 out of 40 odd adult members have got back to me with ticket numbers.
We need to push this on, and make the night a success.

Next & final meeting of the season, shall be the AGM on Monday May 17th  @ 7.30pm

DUNDEE FC - A natural high !!!!!!!!!  

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

fifedarkblues.co.uk Forum    General Boards    News from the Committee  ›  Minutes from Monday, March 29th.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread