Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Away Day Over The Tay
fifedarkblues.co.uk Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Away Day Over The Tay
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Away Day Over The Tay  This thread currently has 2,583 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Ross Barrie
August 16, 2009, 4:56am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Please leave your thoughts on the event below.

DUNDEE FC - A natural high !!!!!!!!!  

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
Kingseat Dee4Life
August 16, 2009, 7:46am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member
I thought the day went well, band were good and got a good response. Comedian died on his arse but they can be a bit hit or miss. For £4 you dont get much these days, we provided a decent venue with some entertainment so I would be happy with that. As a first attempt it was a success and if we wanted to do something similar again we now have a better idea of what works/doesn't work.

FIFE DARK BLUES BARMY ARMY
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 7
memyselfandi
August 16, 2009, 8:17am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Thought the event went very well,band were very good,bar service was quick and very efficient , the com comed clow guy who was trying to tell the jokes was the only let down on the event.Well done to the committie for organising a very enjoyable pre game get together  
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 7
Brian Scott
August 16, 2009, 10:50am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Thought everything went as good as it could have done and although the commedian wasn't a hit, I don't think it detracted from the enjoyment of the day. I also agree that the efficiency of the bar staff contributed to a smooth doo, where getting a pint or bite to eat only took minutes. Well done to all.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 7
The Big Blue
August 17, 2009, 12:49pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
What a great day, and a big THANK YOU to Ross and all his little (?) helpers.

We dream of playing for the jersey, today god has chosen you,
play as we dream.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 4 - 7
Ross Barrie
August 17, 2009, 6:16pm Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
Like most of the postings above, I thought that the gig went well, apart from the Comedian. perhaps with hindsight, putting him on first might have been a better option. I thought that the band were fantastic, and the MC was fantastic  

I have spoke to a few people who were at the gig, and all thought that it was a great day. ''Something different'', was the general quote, and I would imagine that if we were to do it again, it would sell out again.

The good news is that the band, and Charley's are provisionally booked for February the 27th, 2010, when we are at Kirkcaldy again. Discussions at monthly meetings, will decide if we shall do similar again. Thanks again to all who helped out.

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 7
nmloyal
August 18, 2009, 2:16am Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Ross, remember who I suggested instead of the comedian. We have so much more time available to try and get things organised.     Although I was quite dissappointed with his response when I emailed him in July it is possible that this email address is no longer     used. Give him the spot from midday to 12.45pm and the band to follow. Let me know what you think.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 7
Ross Barrie
August 18, 2009, 8:28am Report to Moderator

Maximum Member
My personal thoughts are that the comedian was a wrong choice, at any time of the day. 150 guys & gals out for a pre-match bevy, it was hard to keep their attention for any length of time. After 10 minutes people had lost interest. A 40 minute set turned out to be 15 - 20 minutes. FAIL !!!!!!!   

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a talker or comedian again, for that kind of function. He might be of use, though, for a bash for our members - something like an end of season buffet/ dinner, where it would be our members only. He would have an audience that would appreciate him.

Just my PERSONAL thoughts, but the subject will be approached at future meetings.

Cheers

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

fifedarkblues.co.uk Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Away Day Over The Tay

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread